Apply for Visa to Thailand
VISA INFORMATION : Update on April 2014
VISA SECTION HOURS
- Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
application hours: 09.30 hrs. - 12.30 hrs. ONLY
Passport collection hours: 14.00 hrs. - 15.00 hrs.
VISA APPLICATION FORM
VISA PROCESSING FEE
- The visa processing fee must be paid in exact amount of Australian Dollars by Cash, Money Order or Bank Cheque (personal or company checks not accepted).
- The visa processing fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you withdraw the application after submission.
- There is NO URGENT PROCESSING VISA.
VISA PROCESSING TIME
- Apply in person at the consulate
# FORM A : Minimum visa processing time is 3 days (2 working days excluding the day of lodgment).
# FORM B : Minimum visa processing time is 3 weeks excluding the day of lodgment. (Iraq and Afghanistan minimum visa processing time is 2 months to announce the result of visa application as permission of Thai Ministry of Forign Affair is needed.)
- Apply by mail
are usually processed approximately 2 weeks for FORM A, and 4 weeks for
FORM B not including mailing time. However, lately we have received
more applications than we normally receive at this time so processing
time could take longer.
When submitting an application by mail, please provide SELF ADDRESS EXPRESS POST PLATINUM ENVELOPE for your passport. please record the express post tracking number and check the status with the Australia Post website as we do not hold this information.
Please make exact amount for visa fee payment. Term of payment must be in CASH, MONEY ORDER or BANK CHEQUE ONLY and payable to Royal Thai Consulate General, Sydney.
Royal Thai Consulate General Sydney shall not be responsible for any losses, damages. delay or misdirected during the post delivery. Therefore , any claims for losses or damages will not be accepted.
- Visa processing time: All visa applicants are strongly advised to apply at least 4 - 5 weeks in advance of their anticipated travel, especially during holiday seasons.(Iraq and Afghanistan may take up to 2 months) Approved applicants will be told when they may pick up their passports.
Update for RELIGION PURPOSE
1. For Monks during the Buddist Lent, document requirement is Approved letter from The Department of Religious Affair (RELIGIOUS VISA)
2. If come for conference, attend activity religious, practice meditation, document requrement is invitation letter from the religious organization (EDUCATION VISA)
3. For a short visit Buddist Place, document requirement is GENERAL DUCUMENTS the same as TOURIST PERPOSE (TOURIST VISA)
YOUR VISA APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF…
- Your passport or travel document is valid less than 6 months before you lodge your visa application.
- Your given details are not correctly and clearly completed and your visa application form is not signed by yourself
- If all the required documents are not submitted.
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEEED
- Possession of a visa alone does not guarantee entry into Thailand.
- The permission to enter the country depends on the discretion of immigration officers at any immigration checkpoints.
- Period of stay to be granted are determined by the immigration authorities upon arrival.
- Every application for a visa will be considered on its own merits. The Royal Thai Consulate-General reserves the rights to reject an application without having to provide a reason.
Validity of Visa | Period of Stay
|Type of visa||Validity of visa||Period of stay|
|Transit Visa||This type of visa must be utilized before 3 months from the date of issue.||Not exceeding 30 days for EACH entry.|
|Tourist Visa||A single-entry or double Entry Visa must be utilized before 3 months from the date of issue.
||Not exceeding 60 days for EACH entry.|
|Non-Immigrant Visa||* A single-entry must be utilized before
3 months from the date of issue.
* A multiple-entry visa must be used
within 1 year from the date of issue.
|When entering Thailand, the Immigration officer will grant a 90-day stay (possible for up to 1 year).|
REMARKS : On a Single-Entry Visa, do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before you will arrive in Thailand.
What is the difference between
“Validity of Visa” & “Period of Stay”?
|Validity of Visa||Period of Stay|
|Meaning||The "validity of the visa" would be the period of time from when the visa is issued to when the visa expires (i.e. person must be used to enter Thailand). The person must enter Thailand by the expiry date (usually 3 months but may be up to one year from when the visa is issued) and is stated under "ENTER BEFORE" of the visa itself. The person must enter Thailand before that date.||The "Period of Stay" would be how long a visa holder is allowed to remain in Thailand and commences once they arrive in Thailand.|
The Royal Thai Consulate issues the visa.
|The Thai Immigration officer will stamp in your passport as to how long you may stay in Thailand.|
- Guidance for Travellers under Treatment Carrying Personal Medications Containing Narcotic Drugs/Psychotropic Substances into/out of Thailand
- The payment for goods import to Thailand Click here for Custom information
- Bringing currency in or out of Thailand Click here
- Transit of Live Animals and-or Animal Remains Click here
IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN BANGKOK
The Immigration Office in Bangkok is now located at:
Government Center Chaeng
Wattana Building B, Nr. 120
Moo 3, Chaeng Wattana Road Soi 7,
Tung Song Hong Subdistrict
Laksi, Bangkok 10210
ONE-STOP SERVICE CENTRE FOR VISAS AND WORK PERMITS
The center is located on the 18th Floor, Chamchuri Square Building,
Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
(662) 209 1100 ext. 1016
For more information Click here
YELLOW FEVER INFECTED COUNTRIES
If you have traveled from or through a country which have been declared a Yellow Fever Infected Area, you must provide an International Health Certificate proving that you have received a Yellow Fever Vaccination. Click here to see the list of countries.