Application for a Birth Certificate
Documents required for an application are as follows:
- a photo of the child
- a copy of the child’s Birth Certificate issued by Australian Authority and certified by a Justice of Peace (JP)
- a copy of parent’s passport
- a copy of parent’s Thai National ID Card
- a copy of parent’s Thai House Registration
- a copy of parents’ Marriage Certificate
In the case that the parents are not married and the child will be using the father’s name, the father must sign a letter stating his acceptance of the child and giving consent to the use of his surname
Fee: Free of charge
Processing time: 7 working days
A Birth Certificate must to be collected within 30 days after an application has been lodged.
If a Birth Certificate cannot be collected in person, please provide an Express Post Envelop with an address to be returned by post.