1. To apply for an E-Passport, an applicant is required to appear in person.
2. There is a 55 Australian dollar fee for an E-Passport application.
The processing time is 3-6 weeks.
3. Documents required for an application are as follows:
- copy of Thai National ID Card;
- copy of Thai House Registration;
- copy of the profile page on the current passport;
- copy of name or surname change (if applicable);
- copy of Marriage or Divorce Certificate (if applicable)
In the case of a lost or stolen passport, a police report and a copy needs to be produced
Documents required for minors (under 20 years of age) applying for an E-Passport
- copy of Thai Birth Certificate or National ID Card;
- copy of Thai House Registration of minor and parents;
- copy of parent’s Thai National ID Card;
- copy of parent’s Marriage Certificate;
- copy of parent’s Passport (for non-Thai parent)
Both parents of a minor are required to be present to sign the consent form.
In the case that the parent (s) is (are) in Thailand, a letter of consent may be signed at the Department of Consular Affairs or at the District Offices.
In the case that the parents of the minor are divorced, only the parent with custody rights is required to sign the consent form.